Here are photos from the beginning of installation -- construction in February, then the first big loading in from our contractors in September. In the next few blogs, I'll try to show how several of the pieces -- at least their frames -- came together. It's been fascinating!

New carpet. We can actually mop it!

Dry wall, new walls, new paint.

The new craft room. Brighter and airier than the old classroom.

More of the cool carpet. Much more fun and playful!


This is the new story room, what is left of the old library.

Many thought me in danger of burial by avalanche in my office, from the volume of goods being ordered and delivered. These are just a few of the boxes of handling objects and supplies -- no construction or exhibition production items here!

Staging for the contractors for all their gear. I was stunned at how much they took in, and how much left again with them when they were done! Ladders, carts of tools, vacuums -- what an education I've had.


Yes, this was a very long day -- 17 hours as one contractor loaded in pre-opening in the morning and the other post-opening in the evening. I'm glad I don't do those days very often. However, I can now run the freight elevator and work a palette jack!
No comments:
Post a Comment