Reminder, this is the building.
This is one of the gates. It looks like stones, part of the reason this building is also called La Pedrera, or the quarry. I have a bookend like this now.
The photos I like best from this building are of the roof and chimneys. Maybe I couldn't take photos inside?
I see faces....
The story is that these chimneys were the models for the stormtroopers in Star Wars. I believe it.
Some fabulous green, shiny, mirror tiles on one part.
I love the undulations of the roof too.
After passing a couple of hours here, I grabbed some lunch and went back to the hotel to claim my bags and a taxi. The apartment wasn't too far, but hauling luggage is just not worth it, I've learned.
My unit faced the other side but did have a small balcony. I didn't really sit out there--I actually didn't have much time in the apartment. Plus it sloped, and that made me nervous.
My street. One-way traffic, which was nice.
And the apartment! Cute and cozy. Small kitchen where I never quite figured out the stove, but I didn't need it for breakfast and seldom ate dinner. Full bath, lots of light, good wifi. The owner came by each weekend to change the sheets and towels and leave me goodies to try. It was in a good area and I walked tons. A lovely place, and I will definitely contact her again should I be lucky enough to go back.
The consultants came by that evening to make sure everything was OK and go to dinner. Monday morning I would start classes. Vacation!











No comments:
Post a Comment