Sunday, June 12, 2016

Spring walks

Spring is DC's best time--usually. This year we had early summer, hot and humid. Then some spring. Then lots of chill and rain. Then a bit of spring. Then more summer. Then a few days of spectacular spring. Summer is here again and I venture it's staying this time. So while I start my annual pondering on where and when to move, here are some photos from spring walks around town. Cherry blossoms, of course, interesting trees in people's yards, and some of the beautiful flowers that are along the roadside and sidewalks. When the weather's nice, it is a lovely town.

 pink cherries- they were the early bloomers this year
 I love this tree
 weeping cherries might be my favorites though
 big weeping pink cherries
 poppies
 spectacular iris
 early roses
 not sure, maybe a common silverbell?
 salvia- nice that I'm finally learning some names....
 azalea
 peony- loving these
 need a building? this one's ready to move....
 no idea, I give up the search
 hollyhocks, I think
 another I can't figure
 love that they kept the old building ID in place
 I saw no evidence of cords but it seems like this pine has been trained to create an archway over the sidewalk
lilies

Tulips, crocus, daffodils, hyacinth, and hydrangea were all very early this year, and bloomed quickly with the cherries and tulip poplars. I missed getting a photo of the alliums by work- I'm fascinated with them. More and more roses and lilies are out now, along with hydrangea and spanish bayonets. I need to learn more flowers and trees.


No comments: