
It's small, but I loved it. This wall lets you see nearly half of the museum. But I didn't have a lot of time that morning, and I did know much of this already. Still, I'm so glad that I went. And while Greg would have gone with me, it certainly wasn't his thing. He cleared customs while I was there, and was headed for the train, so I continued my walk up to the station. On the way, I thought I'd catch the difference in the bike parking in Amsterdam. Clearly, more bikes here than Leiden, so greater parking needed.

Greg did really well this day, I was impressed. I don't sleep on planes, and when I travel east, I have a very hard time of it. He'd slept a bit on the flight, and after a shower and some food, was ready to go. And with the help of a little caffeine--which wasn't a problem for me, as I somehow consume daily quantities of caffeine in Europe that I don't approximate here in a week--he made it the whole day. (I would have crashed much earlier and been terribly cranky until that point.) We visited the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam's big museum, the flower market, the red light district, and just walked and walked.

Yes, more spirit for the Dutch national team. There are soccer ball stickers in all of the windows. Hup Holland!

I couldn't resist capturing my Dutch roots in this completely touristic way.

Absolutely what Greg would call "an Amy shot." Again, I love it.
I'd hoped to take a canal tour, but couldn't argue with Greg fading out at this point. So we thought we'd try for the morning before we left for Brussels.
No comments:
Post a Comment