
Last weekend was lovely, so we headed for a walk and for some museum-ing. We hadn't seen the Pompeii exhibit yet at the National Gallery of Art, so that was our first stop. I made Greg take this image for me with his iPhone, because I never have a camera with me when I go to NGA and I love Alexander Calder's work so much. He would be my favorite American artist. After that exhibit, we went to see "Detour" at the National Building Museum, about multiple scenic road projects in Norway. Very cool.
This weekend is quiet as I head to Oregon on Sunday. I'm presenting at a conference in Portland next week, then will spend next weekend with my sister-in-law before I head back to DC. Then it's two short weeks at the office (owing to return travel, AWS days, and a doctor's appointment), and then I'm off to New York City for the Film & Video Festival at our museum there. In between, I'm hosting a gathering of the nine, attending a 40th birthday party (yes, those are starting!), and doing a grant review for the National Park Service. Photos from Portland soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment