Today's our last day in Mooloolaba, and we head back to Brisbane in the morning. Just three more days of vacation left! And, I have a meeting of some sort each day -- funny how that works. It's all good, really, and we're really enjoying our time. It's been a whirlwind, and there is so much on my 'next time' list that I'm sure it's going to take me at least four 'next times' to get through it!
So, just a few images to tide things over, and I'll do a more complete set of postings when I'm back and caught up -- I have a trip to Montana the week I return, and TONS of follow-up from this trip, but I'll at least get it started before the end of the month.

LOTS of coffee here, and it's really good coffee too. My typical is a flat white, basically, an American latte.

Eastern water dragons are prevalent around the ponds in Brisbane's botanic gardens. I understand that they have the run of the Australia Zoo too. We didn't make it there this time, opting for their whale watching excursion today instead. We did see some humpbacks, but not very many.

A partial Vietnam Field School reunion! Rae (r) hosted (l-to-r) Joycelin, me, Joyce, and Thu Huong for dinner.

The State Library of Queensland, where many of my meetings were.

We did some hiking at Noosa Heads State Park. Lovely!!

While there, we saw a kookabura and some koalas. This is typical koala behavior, although I did see one climbing and eating.

Yes, kangaroos!
No comments:
Post a Comment