Well, no Istanbul. And no Alaska. My project is too big and of too great a concern for my bosses, and they won't allow me to pursue such activities this year. I could always take annual leave -- I do have to use several weeks of that this year -- but then I also have to pay for the trips myself too, and I don't have the money for that. Oh well. So what to do?
April: quick day trip to NYC; long weekend to see the parents
Then, I get two weeks of federal jury service, ruining my other NYC plans, my birthday plans, and my plans for Tucson. Bummer!
May: long weekend trip to NYC; maybe Tucson the end of the month?
June: long weekend to visit Kelly and Bree in Chesapeake Beach?
July: NYC
So I guess I'll be waiting until the late summer, but probably the fall, to do much of anything. At least by then, my project will be approved, federal funds for the year will be spent, and the major contracts will be in place. That will likely make everyone happy for a little while!
In the meantime, I'll pay off my cards and start saving, since I'm still planning to go back to Sevilla next April for a month. And, I'll get Chicago photos posted soon. I'm fighting major deadlines this week and next for the project, a grant review that I agreed to do, and a training that I agreed to give. But more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment