Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter

It's been a crazy winter. All the snow we got last year, my folks have this year. But I've been "snowed under" at work. Getting the space closed for construction, changed holiday plans, it was a pretty rough end to 2010. It hasn't been much less busy in 2011, but at least it's been a little more focused, with a little more ability to take care of things properly.

Throughout, though, it's been COLD! Winter descended quickly this year, and stayed there. And really, the worst part was the wind. We've had significantly blustery days that have just been brutal. I had a hard time adjusting, which surprised me, because I usually love winter. All is well now, just perpetually chilly.

And, especially compared to last year, we haven't had much snow. We've had ice a few days, which is infinitely less fun. When I was in NY last week -- because the weather reports insisted it would rain all day, ha! -- my colleagues here had a nightmarish commute home. In fact, while it took me 4 hours to go from Penn Station in NYC to the inside of my house, some of them took 6 or 8 hours to go the 20 miles to their homes. Miserable.

So, in the interest of catching up a bit with the blog, here are some snow pictures of the cities. Next, I'll highlight the fun changes I've been working on at the museum, and talk about the travel plans for 2011. Cheers!


Washington is pretty in the snow. Scenes from the museum..




Trying to get to Jazzercise early one Saturday morning!



Wish I'd had time to play! NYC is lovely in the snow.



On the train home. I think this was the stop after they'd halted the train to check for ice buildup.

No comments: