Some of the best trips are the best because of the experiences on them, and usually this is a result of the people involved. I had low expectations for this trip -- I thought it was an interesting place and interesting content, but with everything going on in life just now, the last thing I wanted to do was take a break where I had to take care of other people. I was looking forward to being away, but not to working.
I couldn't have been more wrong. This trip was superb, on so many levels, and all because of the people. So, just a few photos of some of the amazing people I met and with whom I managed to grab a quick photo on our last evening on the boat.
Love it! My cabin steward, Sheree, left this for me one day. Apparently I was the easiest cabin for her, every day! I think it's a dog, but someone else thought elephant. Either way, it accompanied me all week.
Sheree! She was a love, and helped me with anything I needed all week, for me or my group. Too bad my arms weren't longer for this hallway self-portrait....
Our dinner table the last evening. The three ladies were part of the SI group; the two gentlemen were staff on the boat, and the young lady was one of the other participants. She was great fun to have aboard -- young, polite, inquisitive.
Jeanne, Glen, and me. Jeanne was a participant, and I couldn't believe how quickly we became friends! It made the trip so much more fabulous. And Glen was the local pilot. He was knowledgeable, personable, and great fun. Another friend of mine is taking her honeymoon in Belize and this reminds me that I have to send her his info....
Kevin, our waiter. Not every night, but a number of them. He also tried to take care of us at breakfast and lunch too. He was very sweet, and also a lot of fun.
Captain Bryan. He ran a good ship and had a great crew. I enjoyed the few chats we had.
Clearly not from the dinner, but if you were curious if we enjoyed snorkeling the Blue Hole, here's the answer. Jeanne and Jane met on another trip years ago and every now and then travel together. How cool is that? And then they let me be an adopted sister for the week, too. Fabulous.
John was the expedition leader. He had a tough week, with a few schedule changes and boat issues. But he handled it like the professional he is. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him and hope to get to do so again. I thought we got on really well and made a good team when decisions needed to be made. I only wish we'd had more down-time -- I would have loved to learn more about his story and experiences, as he's been everywhere.
OK, Mom, this post was for you, as you always say I don't have any pictures of me or of the great people I meet. This doesn't cover everyone, but it's what I have. Final day post to come.








No comments:
Post a Comment