Just a quick update, from sunny and windy eastern Oregon.
I finally got the approvals worked out at the office for the Field School, and submitted the application. And, I received my acceptance letter the other night! So I am headed to Vietnam in December. The program is the International Field School in Museums and Sustainable Development, through the University of Queensland in Australia. They have accepted just 11 students to the program.
When I get back to DC, I need to complete registration and payments. I need also to look for funding! The good news is that I think I can use mileage to cover more than half of my plane ticket, so that will make that cost reasonable.
I'm so excited!!! These are World Heritage Areas, renowned ecomuseums, and incredible professors. My first trip to Asia too! And then, I'll return to DC, repack, and head to Connecticut. I know--it's crazy. But I can't control the timing.
In the meantime, I'll post Oregon on Saturday, before I leave for Nashville. Kati and I took Flat Stanley around Portland, and have the pictures to prove it. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment