So the craziness is officially underway! Just two weeks until I leave for Australia. The insanity stems from (lack of) time: I have less than three home days and only three office days remaining.
Yesterday was a great AWS day. I had lunch with a friend and took care of some DC errands for things I need for the trip. Today we caught up with another friend, and are taking care of household chores while it storms and rains. Tomorrow is brunch with another friend, then more errands. It's time to start stocking up the food supplies for Greg for while I'm gone.
Next week, while I'm technically in the office, it's not productive work time. I'm in a mandatory training class for three days for the museum's "critical" leaders (I only wish that locking us away for three days would solve all the problems), then am in NYC. I'll visit mom for a day and dad for a day next weekend, then rush back to Washington, to be in a conference all day on Monday. Since July 4 is a Saturday, Friday becomes the holiday. So that leaves me that T, W, Th to get everything done. I'm not hopeful. I'm still fighting about the contract work for the website, which should have been done already, there are always crises and things needing attention with the public spaces I now oversee, and I'm still dealing with flight arrangements and hotels, forget working on the four presentations that I need to do. I'm sure it will all come together, but when I say that the break will do me good, and that I'm really looking forward to being away for a month, I mean it!!
Greg will be joining me -- he'll arrive July 21, the day before I finish my work obligations. So, hopefully he'll be mostly over the jetlag by the time my vacation starts. Then we'll have some time to visit with friends and relax. I'll post some from Australia, like I did with Vietnam. I just have to get there!!
No comments:
Post a Comment