Bree is now two and a half. She's talking quite a bit, and is super active. You've seen photos of her before, at our place. She really like my big green yoga ball, and our fish. She didn't even ask me about them though. And even though Kelly wants her to call me Aunt Amy, I'm just Amy to Bree right now, and she's rather possessive about that too.
We didn't do much on Friday night except dinner, and Bree was up late with us. Kelly hoped she'd sleep late too, but no such luck. But we went to her favorite breakfast place, so all was good.

Yes, McDonald's. No, I have no idea the last time I was in a McDonald's. I suspect the last time we drove out to West Virginia to see some of the Dawson relatives, as there aren't many highway options out in Western Maryland. Bree had a fabulous time dancing around the Hamburgler's car.
We then ran some errands, including the grocery store. Not too much of an adventure, and Kelly says it's much easier with two adults!

Back at the house, Bree found this little bird's egg in the driveway. No bird, so hopefully it was busy being fed by mama and papa in its nest....

We tired Bree out with some ball playing, then she slept for more than two hours, which was lovely, and gave Kelly and me a chance to catch up a bit. After she woke, lunch time, and off to the Zoo! We were rather late, given her long nap, but still had time to ride the train, run around, and see some of Bree's favorite animals.

The new red panda was running all around showing off for us! I love cranes. I can stand for hours at their section at the National Zoo, and just marvel at the different types. Those enclosures aren't very nice though--this was much more spacious and welcoming.


Bree LOVES the meerkats! They are cute, and do seem to pose quite a bit.


We've started a collection of family photos like this. At Christmas, during Zoo Lights, I took Bree on the bronze bear with Kelly. Here we found a rhino.

No, there's no zoom on here. And no, that's not as close as he came! You see, I was carrying our popcorn, and apparently he's fan too.

And here we have the turtle. Bree's having some trouble with waiting her turn, so we nearly had a little meltdown and didn't get these cute photos.

Back at home, we had a lovely dinner, then started the movie Ratatouille. Kelly and I loved it, but we had to wait until Bree went to bed to finish it--it wasn't quite her thing this time.
On Sunday, after breakfast, we went to Virginia Beach. Kelly thought Bree would love to walk the boardwalk and get her toes in the sand. Unfortunately, we didn't bank on the fact that small doses of things aren't really Bree's thing, not when she really likes them. So a too big wave that got her pants soaked, and Kelly's need to pull her out of the water, well, it just meant tears. We walked for a while, but all Bree wanted was back on the beach. So we had to leave. But we went downtown and had a very nice lunch together.

Bree's "DONE" with her lunch, which means it's play/run time. We did keep her occupied with crayons and wiki stix for quite some time while we finished. But then it was time for me to help her down. And we played for a bit. Kelly says she does this thing with putting Kelly's hands on her face all the time too.

Not too long after, it was time to bring Aunt Amy back to the train. That was hard. Bree really wanted to get on the train, and really wanted to go home with me, but really didn't want to leave Momma either. I'm sorry Bree!! But I'll come visit again soon.
1 comment:
We had SUCH a great time having you here. Come back soon and bring Uncle Greg! :)
Post a Comment