Just a quick travel update, to calm fears that this would be a very boring blog this year.....
In three weeks, on July 4, I leave for Australia for a month. Yes, the first half+ is for work, and the rest is for vacation. I'll be based in the state of Queensland, and don't expect that I'll be bored enough to explore elsewhere. I'll start in Brisbane, presenting at a conference (Inclusive Museums). Then I'll head north, to Townsville, near the Great Barrier Reef, for some meetings, and over to Cairns, for more meetings, some of them in remote areas. Then back to Brisbane for more meetings and presentations. Greg is planning to join me there, and then I think we're headed to the Sunshine Coast to visit friends. Then back to Brisbane, final catch-ups with friends there, then back to the States.
Three days after I get back, I head west again, but only as far as Montana, for the Little Bighorn tour.
Since I'll still have leave to use, I'm looking at a language program in October with my friend Wendy (truthfully, she's looking at the program and I'm hoping to tag along and take advantage of her planning), and maybe going to see some friends in the southwest in November or December. We're not headed anywhere for the holiday this year, since Chris's wedding is in mid-January in Florida. I can't believe it--just the second time that we'll ever be home alone for Christmas!
And, of course, New York monthly. And who knows what else might fall in my path?
No comments:
Post a Comment