
This one I can post. My colleague Gaetana took this of me in the Chinese lion dancer costume. Unfortunately, since I wanted to be the Chinese lion dancer, I was moving, and so it's fuzzy.
Also this fall, Kelly and Bree came to visit for a weekend! While they didn't stay with us -- Kelly got an unbelievable hotel deal, and I don't blame her an iota for wanting some time away -- we did get to see them twice. They came Saturday morning and we girls did the farmers' market together, then went home for fresh brunch. We then did some great work at home, keeping a nearly three-year-old busy.


We were doctor's patients for Bree, who used all the fish equipment as her tools. Whatever, it worked for her! Kelly had to wear the strainer as a hat, though, and wasn't allowed to take it off. And yes, the big green ball always has a vital role in Bree's visits here.
Finally, we had a great walk around the neighborhood, with Bree and I, as usual, leading the way. Kelly had other people to catch up with too, and Greg and I had theater tickets (Cate Blanchett in A Streetcar Named Desire, which was beyond wonderful, btw), and dinner plans that evening for his birthday, but we had a plan to meet again for brunch the next day. My friend Wendy (of the Spain trip) joined us too. Bree did much better once she had some food. She is so funny! But then they had to get on the road and head home. There was a big storm that weekend, and Kelly was also escaping from a flooded yard and a slightly flooded house, so she needed to tackle that too. It's always so good to see them!
No comments:
Post a Comment