I went to NYC my birthday weekend, both to see friends and to get some spring. For me, that means tulips.
Originally the plan was to go to Ottawa for the National Tulip Festival, and I had a gift from Christmas to help make that possible. Unfortunately, it didn't work out this year, for more reasons than I'll explain here. But, I still wanted to get away for my birthday, and as luck would have it, New York seemed to fit. I'm always running through or by the city, for work or family, and I seldom get to stay and play. When I realized that one of my favorite sculptors had a show on at the New York Botanical Gardens, like Central Park, I place I never get, I realized this was the answer.
So while I've been bad about blogging lately -- combination of not many trips, too much work, and life interference -- here's the first of several blogs about the trip. And more to come -- I've got a big trip coming this summer.
Madison Square Park had some of the most amazing tulip beds! Too bad I only saw them at night, and I didn't do enough playing with the camera in advance.....
Same trouble. But those deep purple tulips.... Love them!
Then to the garden. Tulips galore! Oh what a lovely day.
Red or yellow. Pointy or curly. I love them all.
Um, fancy! And those frills! Originally, frills and stripes were due to a disease.
Yes, the day was spectacular, so every tulip had its sunny head pointed at the sun.
WOW.
I've got other pictures from the gardens, of the sculptures, from around the city, and then from the Park. So a few more blogs to come. Then I'll prep for the summer -- woohoo!













No comments:
Post a Comment