But, I decided to take it day by day. And so, after Friday class and lunch with the guys-- yum, razor clams! tasty pasta, and my excuse to visit the bakery Barcelona Reykjavik since I was tasked with bringing dessert-- I had plans for excursions the next couple of weeks, planned company for some of them, and I was off to visit another Gaudí building, Casa Batlló (1904-1906).
I L-O-V-E this house! Maybe my dream job is to be its director, I don't know. But I spent several blissful hours there I can't wait to go back.
The views from the street. Yes, it looks a lot like bones and skulls. I never could just walk past, I always had to stop for a few.
Inside, warm wood, tile, and glass are set in new shapes and stunning combinations.
Oh the stained glass!
I could not believe my good fortune and the relatively few people in the building!
How amazing is this window and view to the main street?
I want to live here....
The famous blue entry hall.
There was a terrific light show in one of the rooms, showing the history. This is just a flat model of the building, the effects are all lights and projectors. It was great. Yes, more dragons....
Another remarkable roof with the most amazing chimneys.
An artist friend once told me that she thought I'd be really good at and enjoy making mosaics. Seeing all this makes me wonder if she's right.
And this part of the roof is the dragon's back. St. George is one of the chimneys.
I was having a blast! I was enjoying spending time with the consultants, and would be working with them afternoons the following week to finish the work needed on the model. The next day I was making an excursion to Figueres. In the meantime, I was soaking up as much culture and experience as I could. I loved that people were kind and willing to speak Spanish with me and most were exceptionally complementary. Most also assumed I spoke English. My friend told me that as good as my Spanish is, and as great as it may become, I will always be considered a foreigner in Barcelona; I'm just too pale. Oh well. All part of the adventure.


















No comments:
Post a Comment