I hadn't been to Québec since I was sixteen, and I really don't remember much of that trip. Québec is lovely, and I really enjoyed the chance to practice French a little more. It's still not good, but each day it's easier and a little better. If only I could get work to send me someplace French-speaking for a month or so, and someplace Spanish-speaking for a month or so, that would really help. But I digress.
We were there for a conference, for the second venue of the community connections project. So I've included a picture of our lovely booth, to prove it. It was really good, and I think we learned what a great deal of work we have ahead of us in Canada. Good work, just lots and lots of it.
Québec is celebrating its 400th birthday this year, so below are a few photos of the city. Sorry it's short--I'm in Ecuador and my computer battery is dying. I also saw two woodchucks! Something new on every trip....

Signs for the celebration, and the largest disco ball I've ever seen.


Yes, the booth!

A gate in the old city walls, leading to the old city, and the famous Hotel Frontenac.
No comments:
Post a Comment