Well, I've been home for two weeks, so it must be time to head out again! This week was insane, getting ready for back-to-back-to-back trips. I've lugged home four bags of things that have to be packed for these trips. It's just a busy time of year, and surprise, things have become a little more complicated at work, as you'll see in the upcoming list. I've had New York drop in again (and really should get back there later this fall but I can't figure out how), and Montana for the new community for the web project. The November trip expanded because of combining projects. I potentially have a very large trip in December (more on that, I hope, when I return). I have four or five new community venues added to next year's plan, and a very large trip next summer that was just cleared. On the other hand, it's great experience for the coordinators in my group to be acting manager! But, amazing, incredible, absolutely wonderful opportunities each, so I refuse to complain. I am remarkably lucky to do the work I do. (And to have the home support I have!)
Enough rambling. Here's what you can look forward to hearing about for the next few months, which I know is really what you care about. I'll update about next year's schedule (which will be heavy again with project travel--both the new U.S. venues and the Latin American venues) as I figure them out. That's the fall's work.... At least the schedule eases to two (and sometimes just one!) trip per month after this round.
July 14-18: Québec City, Québec, Canada (community connections project)
July 19-26: Quito, Otavalo, Cuenca, Saraguro, Cañar, and Guayaquil, Ecuador (community connections project and website project)
July 28-30: New York City (research fellow and website project)
August 6-11: Montana and Wyoming (Journeys tour management)
August 20-27: Albuquerque and Santa Fe, New Mexico (community connections project and two days to visit Kirt and study rocks)
three weeks at home!!
September 18 (?)-25: Portland and Pendleton, Oregon (visiting Kati and community connections project)
September 29-October 2: Nashville, Tennessee (community connections project) (Greg may join in on this one)
October 6-11 (?): Montana (website project, dates being confirmed)
October 21-28 (?): Anchorage, Alaska and Seattle, Washington (community connections project, two venues, and website development meeting, end date being confirmed)
November 12-22 (?): Lima, Cusco, and Pisac, Peru (community museum opening and community connections project, dates being confirmed)
No comments:
Post a Comment