

One of the exhibitions right now is on women’s dresses from the Great Plains, Great Basin, and Plateau regions of the U.S. and Canada. They are stunning: incredible detail, beautiful fabrics and shows of wealth, gorgeous beadwork. They cover dresses for young girls, pregnant women, elders. They are beaded, have elk teeth, are buckskin, are trade fabric. There are a few ghost dance dresses, permission given by the community. There are some modern powwow competition dresses. And the display allows you to really get up close and see the intricate details, and admire them all the more. These few photos won’t do them justice, but you’ll get a sense anyway of very rich cultural traditions.



Then it was back to DC for two quick days in the office, before heading to CT for some family time. I did grab some images of cherry blossoms, and the public library is kind with a free internet connection. Maybe tomorrow I can remember the cable for the computer/camera, or I can do the photo work tonight....
No comments:
Post a Comment