
This is a (shipping) container house. It was really cool.

Yes, that's a ship on the hill. It's the historic steamship Ticonderoga.

One of the early sawmills, and it was water run. A historic covered bridge.


I saw so many red-winged blackbirds! Below, an old letterpress, that they still use.


An apothecary. I love these. In this building, one could purchase leeches, dragon's blood, hemlock, and female pills.

There was an amazing circus scene. It took me twelve images to cover the whole thing.





There was both a working carousel and even older carousel animals.

The Fairbanks Museum, although also an odd collection, I found to be a wonderful remark on globalization. Everything here was either from the collection of the Fairbanks', or from local residents who donated to the museum. Amazing to see the travels and interests of a small community combined into an educational setting.



Then there was the quarry. So fascinating! I could go on for ages about the granite and the history, but I don't think you care as much as I do. However, know that this is Barre grey granite, that's a 600-foot cut to the bottom, each bench they remove is 300 tons, and the average block that is cut and removed is 25-30 tons.

No comments:
Post a Comment