
1: Copper Canyon, Mexico; 2: Albuquerque & Santa Fe, New Mexico; 3: Tucson, Arizona; 4: Denver, Colorado; 5: Québec City, Québec; 6: Mashteuiatsh, Québec; 7: Netherlands, Belgium, France; 8: Ecuador; 9: Anchorage, Alaska; 10: Portland and Pendleton, Oregon; 11: Billings, Montana; 12: New York City; 13: Nashville, Tennessee; 14: Reno, Nevada; and 15: Vietnam.
15 is actually my next and final trip for the year, before we head north to see my family for the holidays (we alternate years with our families). I leave on Wednesday for Vietnam, for the field school. It's been crazy, trying to wrap and package Christmas, get things organized and settled at work, and prepare for this course. But I'm really getting excited now, as the day approaches. I'm still unhappy about the long flight, but I'm sure I'll get through it. I've got my work files, my Spanish lessons, and my intro readings. I've got my iPod, my Jazzercise equipment, and my camera. I've got my visa, my shots, and my bug repellant. Now I just have to pack it all up! I'm hoping that I have a good connection too, and I'll try to post some quick photos in the first day or two, to let you know that all is well. The part I think I'm most looking forward to is the several days on the junk (that's a type of boat) up in Ha Long Bay. Can't wait!!
I'll close this out with a preview of next year. Right now, it looks like this:
January and February at home!!
March: paper presentations at the George Wright Society Conference in Portland Oregon; working the museum's Film + Video Festival in New York City
late April-mid May: Peru and Ecuador, for several different projects. Yes, I'll miss my birthday again this year, but unlike last year, I'll probably be working on my birthday.
July: ICOM's Inclusive Museums Conference and other work in Australia
November: Canadian Aboriginal Festival in Toronto Canada
And I do hope it keeps this relatively empty look, as the two overseas trips will be longer trips.
Happy Holidays everyone! I'm looking forward to a spectacular trip and learning experience, and to connecting with everyone at or after the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment