Today was much busier at the museum, even with the hundreds of thousands of people at the other end of the mall for the big concert. As you can see from the first two photos, our museum is in a PRIME location for the event, so we expect to be at capacity all day on Tuesday. All of the spaces with a view are rented out, a company is sponsoring free hot chocolate for everyone in the main section of the museum all day, and we'll have TVs and jumbotrons broadcasting the event too. I have no idea what my work assignment is on Tuesday, but I need to be there by 7, and expect that I will be making the four-mile commute by foot because of the crowds and craziness. But for tomorrow, one more day of festival work.
The view from our staff and group entrance area, above. You can see some of the Park Service/Secret Service fencing that covers most of our north and east landscapes too. Below, the view from our resource center on the third floor.
Chinese lion dancers. Flautist and storyteller Keith Bear (Mandan/Hidatsa).
No comments:
Post a Comment