Saturday, January 17, 2009

Out Of Many

The museum is hosting a big festival this long, inaugural weekend, as I mentioned earlier. It's quite chilly in Washington--when I got up this morning, it was one degree (F) out at the Virginia airport! So we're expecting big crowds the next few days, with all the folks in town and the weather. Today was good, but we all expect the next few days to be crazy. So, since I might not get another chance, here are a few images of the festivities to hold you over.


Members of Alma Boliviana look over the third floor overhang during the unveiling of the new Native American dollar coin by the U.S. Mint.


Port-o-potties line the National Mall in anticipation of the largest crowd ever gathered in Washington, D.C. The front of the U.S. Capitol, flag-draped and awaiting the big day on Tuesday.



Halau Ho'omau performs a hula.

And remember that events in the theater are being webcast live the next two days.

No comments: