Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 7: San Cristobal Island

Day 7: San Cristobal Island Day 7, our last day. Honestly, if I could stay I would. And if we were on the bigger ship, the expedition leader tells me that he could find a way to squirrel me on there for a couple of weeks. Too bad. But another great day it was. We started with a morning hike up Punta Pitt, and were greeted by a beach full of sea lions. The hike was steep and long, and resulted in spectacular views. We then had our last deep water snorkel. I went, figuring that if I stayed on the ship, there was no way to do it. The seas were too rough for me, so I missed swimming rough the channel at Kicker Rock, and therefore missed swimming with the Galápagos sharks, but I got in on the other side for a bit. The water was deep and murky, so I didn't stay long. Ah well, on to Quito tomorrow. Two weeks of adventure ahead, catching up with friends and seeing more amazing places. But my heart is here. And I can't wait to get back.

No comments: