Suddenly, I don't seem to have enough time for everything! That's always the case.....
My travel plans fell through. It seems to be nearly impossible (nearly, because it's possible if I want to pay a fortune) for me to go to Mindo for a day trip on my own. I can do Otavalo and Quilotoa pretty easily, but I've been to Otavalo and I don't think my knee will hold up for the hike down and up the crater. I can do other cloud forest places, as overnights, for much money, and I just dont think that's worth it right now. So I decided, since it was so lovely to be back at Yanapuma visiting folks, that I should re-enroll for morning classes the rest of the week. Not only does it fill my mornings, it also makes me practice more. Nice thing, I have the same professor as last time!
So Monday was a wandering and setting things up day, and taking care of some laundry and shopping. Then I met a friend for dinner. Yesterday after class I went to the museum of water. Very cool, and the views of the city center are incomparable. I'm not sure about today, but tonight I'm meeting another friend for a symphony concert for the bicentennial. Tomorrow I want to return to the city center to see two other museums, and hopefully buy tickets for the train for Sunday. I'm trying to connect with a couple of other friends still too, and it looks like at least part of Saturday I'm doing something with my professors and at least part of Sunday I'm with Juan Carlos. Of course, I'll have to pack too. It seemed for a bit that time was comfortable and I had leisure to arrange things; now, it feels like I don't have quite enough to do the basic things I want. Ah well. At least I'm used to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment