Friday, August 17, 2012

Photo Update

I just received the other photos from Juan Carlos, so here are the missing pix from recent posts. 

 From Papallacta, another bird I don't know, but another pretty one.
 From Salcedo, another sign for a natural healer.
 From the grocery store. You all know that's papaya on the right, but on the left is the guanábana, or soursop. Yum!!
 The Orchestra of Andean Instruments. Still no luck on a CD....
 The lovely Sucre Theater. I believe it was built in 1886 and was renovated recently. It seats about 800 people!
 The beginning of the West Side Story segments. I've never seen the play, but I was surprised how much of the music I knew.
 The concert after. This is Los Bunkers from Chile. I did enjoy them....
And the gimnasio after. If you blow up the photo you can see the guard in the uniforms of the Grenadiers of Tarqui on the portico. Sadly, no fireworks photos. But this photo uses no zoom, and the fireworks went off from that balcony just above the columns. Yes, right overhead! 

No comments: