So we're at that point again where I seriously contemplate staying where I am and not returning to Washington. This seems to happen to me with some regularity. Travel is hard - there are miserable days, plans that continually change, and things that just don't go well, especially with longer trips. Yet nevertheless, on some trips, I just don't want them to end. Ecuador always seems to be that kind of trip.
The other night I met my friend Roxana from the ship for a free concert for the bicentennial. It was the National Symphony and the Guayaquil Symphony. It was lovely, and so good to see her! Yesterday, my professor and I took a field trip to the city center to see a museum I'd missed to this point and that was great fun. We visited another of the amazing churches too, had a snack, wandered a bit, too. I also learned that the train trip was again impossible for the weekend. So the one trip I had wanted to make - Mindo - couldn't be worked out and the one trip my friend had suggested also wasn't possible. Vale. But yesterday I heard from another of my friends, and we're having lunch together today. And I finally heard from the other, and we're meeting up after that. So today is my last day of classes, then I'm catching up with two different friends, and have plans tonight to it too, I think for the Salsa Congress. Tomorrow I think is a small trip with my professor, then meeting up with another professor, and then possibly another concert. And Juan Carlos is planning something for Sunday as my last day. Too many great things to do, too many things I haven't yet done. I'm not ready to go back just now!
No comments:
Post a Comment